Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions will be updated constantly
I'd like to submit my fulldome work. What do I have to consider?
Submitting your work is easy, but we ask you to observe some rules to contribute to the FullDome Festival. We have set important deadlines to register your work and for submitting the data as follows:
Application of presentations and real-time works: Feb 28th, 2018
|Application of full-length feature shows:||Jan 31th, 2018|
|Application of short films:||Feb 28th, 2018|
|Entry closing date for real-time applications:||April 16th, 2018|
|Entry closing date for all productions:||April 30th, 2018|
Please see to our submission guidelines for further details on festival categories, data formats, awards, contacts and more.
Where can I find the submission guidelines?
What are the technical specifications for submission?
Festival contributions must meet the following format specifications:
• Real‐time applications will be admitted after prior consultation with the host only (see contacts). Otherwise, real‐time applications must be rendered to Dome Master format.
• Dome Master format, 24 bit RGB, 180° equidistant image field, consecutively numbered picture sequences starting at 0 or 1. Filenames following the „MyWork_00000.png“ scheme, without umlauts, without special characters or symbols; numbers separated by the underline character
• Orientation: below = front, left = East (dome at left), right = West (dome at right), top = rear
• Resolution: preferably 4k (4096 x 4096); at least 3k (3072 x 3072 square pixels); 2k (2048 x 2048 pixels) permissible for student works
• Picture format: preferably PNG (JPG, TIF or TGA are admitted)
• Frame rate: preferably 60 fps, 30 fps; 29.97 fps, 25 fps, 24 fpsare admitted
• Sound: Stereo or 5.1 surround (L/C/R/Ls/Rs/LFE) in uncompressed WAV format, 16-bit, 48 kHz. Filenames identical to frame filenames according to the scheme above („MyWork_C.wav“, „MyWork_L.wav“, etc.); for synchronization, the sound must begin with the first frame.
• Spatial Sound: unsqueezed multitrack (max. 24) audio 48 kHz, 16 bit or 24 bit and a time code track. All tracks shall be supplied as uncompressed single channel WAV files, consecutively numbered. The 3D audio mix will be made on the basis of the 3D audio storybook.
All contributions must be sent on external hard disk memories (FireWire or USB 2.0/3.0, NTFS formatted, preferably 2.5-inch format) or flash drives.
Are there any costs for submission?
All entries are free except full-length feature shows. A fee of 100 Euro will be due with nominating the full-length feature show. The submitter shall bear all shipping costs.
Where can I get the tickets for the festivals?