Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions will be updated constantly
I'd like to submit my fulldome work. What do I have to consider?
Submitting your work is easy, but we ask you to observe some rules to contribute to the FullDome Festival. We have set important deadlines to register your work and for submitting the data as follows:
Application of presentations and real-time works:Feb 28th, 2017
|Application of full-length feature shows and short films:||Feb 28th, 2017|
|Entry closing date for student works:||April 13th, 2017|
|Entry closing date for all productions:||April 13th, 2017|
Please see to our submission guidelines for further details on festival categories, data formats, awards, contacts and more.
Where can I find the submission guidelines?
What are the technical specifications for submission?
Festival contributions must meet the following format specifications:
• Real‐time applications will be admitted after prior consultation with the host only (see contacts). Confirmation shall be acquired not later than February 23, 2015. Otherwise real‐time applications must be rendered to Dome Master format.
• Dome Master format, 24 bit RGB, 180° equidistant image field, consecutively numbered picture sequences starting at 0 or 1. Filenames following the „MyWork_00000.png“ scheme, without umlauts, without special characters or symbols; numbers separated by the underline character
• Orientation: below = front, left = east (dome at left), right = west (dome at right), top = rear
• Resolution: at least 3k (3072 x 3072 square pixels); preferably 4k (4096 x 4096); 2k (2048 x 2048 pixels) per-missible for student works
• Picture format: preferably PNG (JPG or TGA are admitted; no TIF)
• Frame rate: preferably 60 fps, 30 fps and 29.97 fps admitted
• Sound: Stereo or 5.1 surround (L/C/R/Ls/Rs/LFE) in uncompressed WAV format, 16-bit, 48 kHz. Filenames identical to frame filenames according to the scheme above („MyWork_C.wav“, „MyWork_L.wav“, etc.); for synchronization, the sound must begin with the first frame.
• Spatial Sound: unsqueezed multitrack (max. 24) audio 48 kHz, 16 bit or 24 bit and a time code track. All tracks shall be supplied as uncompressed single channel WAV files, consecutively numbered. The 3D audio mix will be made on the basis of the 3D audio storybook. After prior consultation and agreement on a date, and subject to availability, the sound designers will be given the opportunity to adapt the 3D audio mix at the Fraunhofer‐Institut für Digitale Medientechnologie (IDMT) Ilmenau.
All contributions must be sent on external hard disk memories (FireWire or USB 2.0/3.0, NTFS formatted, preferably 2.5 inch format) or flash drives. Entrants are responsible for their data carriers to be free of viruses.
• Real-time applications will be admitted after prior consultation with the festival organizers only (see contacts). Confirmation shall be acquired not later than March 31, 2017. Otherwise real-time applications must be rendered to Dome Master format.
Are there any costs for submission?
All entries are free except full-length feature shows. A fee of 100 Euro will be due with nominating the full-length feature show. Submitter shall bear all shipping costs.
Where can I get the tickets for the festivals?
How much is a Festival ticket?
The Festival ticket for all three Festival days (May 18 – May 20) costs 100 Euros (regular fee) and 35 Euros (students only). Tickets for the evening performances (opening event) will be available for 25 Euros (15 Euro students). Day tickets will be charged with 50 Euros (15 Euros students) per day, evening performances included. Visitors interested in a single feature show shall pay for the regular planetarium ticket at the planetarium box office.
Dieser Post ist auch verfügbar auf: German